Our staff is the most crucial part of a positive and successful summer for our students and campers. Our teachers, camp counselors, and program directors are carefully selected young men and women who are dedicated to working with children and have the ability to serve as outstanding role models.
- Experienced teachers and camp counselors provide classroom and recreational activity instruction, overall supervision of dormitories, and an interactive campus life environment.
- We hire energetic teachers from local school districts, recent college graduates, and teachers from Army and Navy Academy.
- Camp counselors are hired through US universities and colleges, on-line camp placement websites and international camp counselor agencies.
- All faculty and staff undergo a comprehensive interview process including a background check, reference checks, and drug screening.
- Our staff enjoys solid support and invaluable training to enable them to be their best for our students and campers.
ACADEMY BY THE SEA AFFILIATIONS
ARMY AND NAVY ACADEMY ACCREDITATIONS
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR TEAM?
Although we enjoy a fairly high retention rate of our staff from prior summers, hiring for teaching, camp counseling, and activity leader positions takes place at the beginning of each calendar year. We work very hard at recruiting suitable candidates who have a genuine interest in working with children and having a positive impact on their lives.
We receive hundreds of resumes each season and unfortunately we may not be able to personally answer all inquiries. Please take a few moments to read the information below regarding our application and hiring process.
Open Summer Positions for 2013:
Algebra 1 and Algebra 2 teachers needed for our Academy by the Sea Summer Program. The successful candidate must have a current, valid certification in Math and have taught Algebra. The program runs for 4 weeks between July 1, 2013 through July 26, 2013. Attendance at a 1 week in-service is required the week of June 24th through June 28th. If interested, please send a cover letter with a resume and references to Mr. R. Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Biology teacher needed for our Academy by the Sea Summer Program. Successful candidate must hold a current, valid certification in Biology. Classes begin July 1, 2014 and run through July 26, 2013. Attendance at a 1 week in-service is required the week of June 24th through June 28th. If interested, please send a cover letter and resume to Mr. R. Rodriguez email@example.com.